Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Film adaptation I'm most eager to see

Tristam Shandy, is due at theaters in NY on the 27th, and in a rare move, one reserved only for Woody Allen movies (I'm like Charlie Brown to Lucy's football when it comes to Woody...), I plan on catching it opening night. It looks delicious. Very exciting. Finally someone doing something innovative! And of course with Sterne, how could you do anything else? The movie website bodes well for the feature. And what about Michael Winterbottom? Have people seen 24 Hour Party People? I've heard murmurs, I've ordered, I'll report back. Meanwhile, back to pushing fluids and non-stop Curb Your Enthusiam, interspersed with Gertrude Stein and the 5 volume Norton Anthology of American Literature. Ah, the joys of winter in NY.

Oh, and here's the e-text version of the novel, Tristram Shandy.

No comments: