Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm it, or I've been tagged, or other people's responses are always so much more interesting

Survey in which one reveals a good deal about their reading habits.

1. One book that changed your life:
Virginia Woolf's The Waves.
2. One book you've read more than once:
This is a long list with entries that range from Gertrude Stein's How to Write, to Tolkien's The Hobbit.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Very easy: The Diaries of Virginia Woolf. And if I could only have one volume it would have to be 2.
4. One book that made you giddy:
Lisa Robertson's The Weather.
5. One book that wracked you with sobs:
Sobs? I can't remember the last book that made me sob. Possibly Coetzee's Disgrace.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
A Girl's Guide to Not Giving a Shit & Being Bloody Fabulous & Genius, by Gertrude Stein with end notes by Virginia Woolf updated with several asides from notable contemporaries and exemplary others.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Fear of being struck by lightening caused me to delete this response....
8. One book you're currently reading:
Meteoric Flowers, by Elizabeth Willis (post to come...).
9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Coming After, by Alice Notley.
10. Tag six people:
I'm not good at tagging. Feel free however.

No comments: