Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Louise Bourgeois @ The Fabric in Philly

Hey, the Meat Painter, aka Mike Geno, just introduced me to the Fabric Workshop & Museum here in Philly. Wow, great shows by Louise Bourgeois who is 91 now and still so vital. My favorite piece a pair of trousers with...damn it...something like "the phallus is the object of my affection" written across the front. Also a show by local artist Lonnie Graham. Very moving. What is it about portraits? There's just something so affirming in them. I'm also loving the ongoing portrait work of Zoe Strauss whom I first discovered on Flickr, and then at the ICP here...what a great town...oh, and above photo of Bourgeois by the amazing Annie Lebovitz.

Oh, and further to this post: you could probably stand to have a cupcake from here....

And I just got word that there will be a special Zoe Strauss night at the Whitney which you might also want to attend if you are in NYC September 15. See her blog for more informations...

No comments: