Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Music turns my head

Now and then I remember one of my earlier desires, which was to write for Rolling Stone Magazine and take photos of women like Chrissie Hynde and Annie Lennox... Lately CBC's Radio 3 Podcast has been introducing me to a host of Canadian bands (see #76 Tintin in the Land of the Podcast) that make me wish I were 21 again and interested in hanging out in nightclubs, looking slightly bored, prone to rolling around near the stage to get a shot...I'm not. But I'm still interested in music. Joanna Newsome turned my ear recently, and Arc Lab, Carmaromance (no album yet that I can find), Amy Millan, and yes, Final Fantasy's "He Poos Clouds" (Yes, I feel too old for this, but it's good...) Caribou, even Peaches (who knew she was Canadian...oops!?) which you'll find on the electronic playlist...And here's a link to the #77. Enjoy. And in case you missed it when I posted this link earlier, this is one of my all-time favorite playlists...ambient.

No comments: