Monday, August 27, 2007

Fall books and everything in the works

Many books slid across my desk this week, though I'm sure only a small percentage of those due to be published this fall, specifically in Canada, and some I have been carrying around for a while. As usual, I will likely give those that don't engage me a pass without noting, but I can tell you that a surprising number excited me and thus prolong my engagement with this blog project...First up we have Natalie Walschots, Jason Christie, Donato Mancini, Natalie Simpson, Evie Christie, Lorri Neilsen Glenn, KI Press, Steven Price, George Murray. But wait, who is Rob Winger? Muybridge's Horse, from Nightwood Editions was the first surprise, then Christopher Patton's Ox from Signal, Kenneth Sherman's Black River, from Porcupine's Quill, and who is David Wevill? A first pass at his book Asterisks is promising (though there may only be one note...). Other unknowns (to me at least) I'll be looking at include Micheline Maylor and Alexis Kienlen. Oh, and until my wrist is better or I get an assistant I'm only linking essentials. Sorry.

No comments: