Thursday, November 01, 2007

1.000 posts later

This is post number 1,001, and because I am burrowing in to my own work these days, at the Leighton Studios here in Banff, it will be brief. One has to achieve balance between curatorial and community work and one's one work, I think. I've been looking around for role models in this regard, people who write critically, curate, possibly blog, and who still manage to turn out solid creative work.

Steve Evans is starting to post his Notes To Poetry 2007. This year he has decided to post them gradually to ensure that all the responses are considered equally. I'm not sure that posting them all at once was a problem--that is a site I return to again and again throughout the year. But perhaps that's just me. Anyhow, check it out. It's always a great source for must-read books.

No comments: