Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Random Gendered Bites

I did this search after reading several book reviews in a row and realizing how infrequently I heard the sentence "she is a master," or "she is an intelligent poet...". I would rather cut the hyperbole completely and simply talk about the work, regardless of gender, but there is often such heightened language in reviews that it does give one pause.

In any case, here it is, top 20 "she is" and "he is" for the moment, these searches have a way of changing quite rapidly...and then not.

She is everything I need that I never knew I wanted
She is also eligible to apply for other Miss America scholarships
She Is Love
She is beautiful
She is an Astronomer who provides information to female professional and amateur astonomers
She is currently accepting submissions
She is holding students hostage
She is ready for babies
She is dead, you know
Who does she think she is?
She is beautiful
She is too fond of books
She is Martha
She is very beautiful and has great facial features
She is labels
She is Dangerous
She is attracted to me

He is the son of righteousness rising with healing in His wings
he is considering becoming a Roman Catholic
he is leaving Williams
He is the Architect of the universe and the Manager of all times
He Is Legend
He is sufficient
He is deeply disappointed
He is 112 and she is 17
He is not losing sleep
He is weird
He is the real deal
He is the main opponent
He is Legend
He is Legend
He is dead (thank god)
He is my master
He is the bride
he is lyrics

Wish I could find a better video...this is better audio in any case, but it isn't live...course I don't know that the above one is either.

In any case, some can say it. And get away with it.

No comments: