Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Of Grief & Poetry

There is a lot of grief in your poetry someone said after my reading in Victoria last week. I have been reflecting on this, more so since upon arrival in Vancouver the following day I was met with news that my brother passed away. This is the fourth death in my immediate family in the last eight years: I could double, probably triple that if I branched out into first cousins, aunts and uncles, not to mention friends. If there is a downside of having a big family and an even bigger extended family, this is it: you have more to love, but you also have more to lose. Of course that’s just family, tip your chin up and loss floods in…
For full story: Of Grief & Poetry

3 comments:

Brenda Schmidt said...

Sorry for your loss.

Wonderful post.

Ross McKie said...

Sorry to hear about your brother. Condolences. Peace.

Mitchell said...

Sina, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your losses.

Mitch