Friday, May 21, 2010

North America's Grumpiest Poet

I'm thinking it would be a good topic of conversation. Dude's can be pretty dug in with their opinions of things. The one thing they seem to have in common is that their version of the world is the right one and all else are wallowing in delusion and despair.

Sound like something you want to aspire to you youngins?  So who are we going to nominate? I have some ideas...but what about you?

On second thought, a better idea might be just a fabulously grumpy line.

Grumpiest thing on the Internet? I'm sure I can find something on this blog in the past...all's fair.

This one isn't grumpy, she's angry, I think.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be helpful to lay out what the situation is. If you have some ideas, let us know. Otherwise we don’t have much to go on.

Is lightheartedness the only way to go?

UE

Lemon Hound said...

Lighthearted definitely the way to go!

I could nominate myself.

I'm reacting most directly to a post over, several actually, of late, in which poets lump a bunch of people in to a wee category such as "dead tree" poets.

I'm looking for some good lines. Fun. Not malicious, but fun.

Mitchell said...

I want to be grumpiest poet! Pick me!

Chris said...

My own take is that my version of the world is the right one and I am wallowing in delusion and despair. It is the heavyhearted way to be lighthearted.

Lemon Hound said...

Hey Mitch,
Are you really grumpy though? I mean, sweetly surly, no? I aspire to such a description....

Chris, love your version too. These are all sounding a little familiar.

Jake said...

Most good poets I know are curmudgeonly at hear. So, whoever it is, I'd image they're likely pretty good at their job.